Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2024

                                                 THIS MUCH by Teri Couture


As I was walking along the road to Calvary,

I saw Jesus along the way

I asked him, "Jesus, how much do You love me?"

And this is what I heard Him say:


"I love you this much,"

"This much" He cried

As they nailed Him to the cross

when He was crucified.

"I love \you this much,"

"This much" He cried

And then He stretched out his arms

And He died.


As I was looking upon that cruel tree,

I thought of Jesus' goodness and grace,

I thought, Jesus, how much You must have loved me,

For I know that I...I should have taken Your place.


But you loved me this much,

"This much" You cried

As they nailed You to the cross

when You were crucified.

"You loved me this much,"

"This much" You cried

And then You stretched out Your arms

And You died.


Then I lay weeping at the feet of Jesus

And I saw angels come to stand by His side

I stood upon my feet and looked up to the sky

and with my hands stretched toward heaven, I cried:


"I love you this much, this much," I cried

"And for You, Lord, I'd be willing to die,"

"I love you this much, this much," I cried

"And for You, Lord, I would be willing to die."




No comments:

Post a Comment