Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2024

 I wrote this song in honor of a great man of God, John Pelkey.  He spoke these words to me when I was going through the worst things in my life.  It became "our" song.  He made me promise to sing it at his funeral and I did.  Love you, John!


ROMANS 8:28


I was ready to give up

My life was in despair

Then a fellow Christian told me,

"It's not more than you can bear."

I started disagreeing,

said, "The battle's just too great."

He opened up his Bible to Romans 8:28


CHORUS:

All things work together for good to those that love the Lord

And are called according to His purpose,

Oh yes, all things work together for good to those that love the Lord

And are called according to His purpose,


Well, I got through the darkest hour that comes before the dawn

Thinking of that Bible verse,

It's now become my song.

I couldn't understand the reason why I had to wait,

It tells me in my Bible: Romans 8:28.  (Chorus)


So if you see a soul in need,

let him have a look

For he can be encouraged by what's written in the Holy Book

Tell him all about the Lord

But let God set him straight,

So he can go home singing Romans 8:28 (Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment