Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Mother's Day Poem

A Mother's Day Poem
by Teri Couture copyright® 2007

On this one day of the year
We get to thank our mother dear
For all the great things she has done
There are so many; there’s a TON.

She taught us how to laugh and play
How to work and how to pray
How to love and to forgive
How to watch the way we live.

When I’m sick, to God she prays
And by my side all night she stays
Until she sees the light of day
And makes sure healing’s on the way.

She makes the house all nice and clean
And comforts me when kids are mean
She reads to me when I go to bed
There’s so much more to be said.

But here’s the thing I want to tell
I love my mother very well
Though Mother’s Day comes once a year
I’ll thank you always for your care.

I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment